Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 8 von 8
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Rookie

jigrou ist offline

A Gothic 1 Let’s Play

My channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/Finiron
    Hello everyone while this is my first post I have been lurking around here a bit, but any way I am making a Let’s play of Gothic in which I am trying to stay in character. So my comments represent my vision of the hero’s thoughts and my choices represent logic call decisions that the hero would make knowing what he knows. (For example: no using the draw weapon bug to get the rusty two-hander early).

I have been Lping for about a year now and have so far finished all the lp’s I have made and I do not plan for this to be the first. I have already uploaded 8 videos. I plan to upload at a rate of 6 videos a week, on video every day from Monday to Saturday (I am uploading something else on Sundays). Hope you will like it

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Fighter Avatar von Darth Crow

Darth Crow ist offline
    Good! Looking forward to it, I'll make sure to watch it. Even though I have already finished G1 like 30 times
    And a hearty welcome to the forums
    Brothers of Metal will always be there, standing together with hands in the air!

VIVA GOTHIC!

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Knight Avatar von Ariogaisus

Ariogaisus ist offline
    /disgruntled sigh

Really? Another one? Well, i better get used to it or something. I swear, if this isn't good, it will be the last amateur LP that i'll ever lay eyes on.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Veteran Avatar von Colton

Colton ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Ariogaisus Beitrag anzeigen
    /disgruntled sigh

Really? Another one? Well, i better get used to it or something. I swear, if this isn't good, it will be the last amateur LP that i'll ever lay eyes on.
    Really.. Dude if you don't like them there's no need to watch them.. But as long as there is someone who wants to make another one and till there are people willing to watch it I say its an effort worth taking..

You go Jigrou.. And once I get the time and won't forget it exists.. I might even watch it.. (hopefully I'll get the time soon)
    I LIKE TO KILL THINGS

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5

Ariogaisus ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Colton Beitrag anzeigen
    Really.. Dude if you don't like them there's no need to watch them.. But as long as there is someone who wants to make another one and till there are people willing to watch it I say its an effort worth taking..
    I like certain Lets Play's. Especially those that are hilarious to watch. What i don't like is boring, blind Lets Play's, i can watch them if they are funny though. Loads of LPers just whore out content to get views and when the time comes when said LPer gets a partnership, money, which i don't like even one bit. I mean, Lets Play's good at showcasing a game the first parts, but the really good ones, i watch through.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Apprentice

Wolfie ist offline
    An LP for DayZ that's 8 parts long only has 204 views, and it's not too good but I still watch it. I don't think their Whoring it up or anything.

But anyway back onto the topic at hand, I'm really hoping you have some success, I'll probs watch them once I get the time, they look pretty good (better than any amateur LP I've seen *sigh*).
    Geändert von Wolfie (26.07.2012 um 22:24 Uhr)

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7

Ariogaisus ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Wolfie Beitrag anzeigen
    An LP for DayZ that's 8 parts long only has 204 views, and it's not too good but I still watch it. I don't think they're whoring out or anything.

they look pretty good (better than any amateur LP I've seen *sigh*).
    Making a Lets Play about DayZ is bandwagoning, plain and simple. EVERYBODY is making an LP about DayZ. It's fucking insane.

About what i meant by the word amateur: If you have made about, lets say, 6 LP's. You're still an amateur/beginner but that's okay. Every known Lets Player has gone through that stage. Just wanted to clarify that.

On-topic: I watched half of the first video and i'm just going to say that watching LP's takes dedication for me, unless the video/series is very exciting or fun. There are tons of Gothic series Lets Players and you should take lessons/inspiration from them: CptGreenbear does his job well. So does MrManGingerbread. Those are the guys you might want to look up to when you LP Gothic games. Almost forgot, that Cauchemar guy aswell.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Rookie

jigrou ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Ariogaisus Beitrag anzeigen
    Making a Lets Play about DayZ is bandwagoning, plain and simple. EVERYBODY is making an LP about DayZ. It's fucking insane.

About what i meant by the word amateur: If you have made about, lets say, 6 LP's. You're still an amateur/beginner but that's okay. Every known Lets Player has gone through that stage. Just wanted to clarify that.

On-topic: I watched half of the first video and i'm just going to say that watching LP's takes dedication for me, unless the video/series is very exciting or fun. There are tons of Gothic series Lets Players and you should take lessons/inspiration from them: CptGreenbear does his job well. So does MrManGingerbread. Those are the guys you might want to look up to when you LP Gothic games. Almost forgot, that Cauchemar guy aswell.
    Are you still an amateur when you have 11 lp’s? But yes I am not doing it with the same dedication as someone how makes money out of it (or at least as much dedication as they should put into it), and there are a few reasons for that one being time which I do not have. That said I still try to deliver something that at least I would enjoy. I totally understand that you might not like it since things like fun is highly subjective, but I can ensure you that I am not bandwagoning or doing it for a partnership all the games I have done so far is games that I enjoy and I have done them because of that. When it comes to blind lp’s I do not plan on making that much of them, I might make blind lps of horror, but me past experience has told me that I properly should not since I am not the easily scared. When it comes to the guy you mention I have only watched Cauchemar. I will properly watch them to see how the other two are, but since gothic are and rpg I will rp it so I might not be able to take that many lessons from them. I know that Cauchemar is highly informative in his videos and I cannot be that I a role-played game since I have to stay in character that is also the reason why I do all the explaining in the first video